logo1 gerard boersma
Wissesdwinger 1, studio no. 8
contact info@gerardboersma.nl

7.7.11

Art Within Art- Marilyn Male



Marilyn Male
man enjoying Marilyns by Warhol

G. Boersma
acrylics on masonite
30" x 14" or 76 x 35,5 cm
2011
SOLD

Of course after painting Marilyn Female I couldn't resist making a male version too.

I'm still in doubt whether these two paintings are a diptych or not. They sure do look great together side by side, but of course they don't quite fit too. The portraits of Marilyn don't really match and the frames are a bit off too. Then again they do look great together. What do you think, diptych or not?

You might have read my tweet already, but I didn't make it through to the next round of the Royal Prize for Painters. I got knocked out of the competition. Today I drove back to Amsterdam to pick up my paintings at Sotheby's (Sotheby's Amsterdam is closing shop by the way!).

Of course I'm curious to know why I got kicked out, but it's the policy of the competition not to give out any information for the simple reason that it's too time absorbing to give each artist an explaination. So I haven't got the slightest clue. I thought I had a chance with my portrait of Wilders, but the jury thought otherwise. Ah well, back to the studio again!

kind regards, Gerard



Marilyn Male & Female Side by Side
What do you think diptych or not?

available paintings about