logo1 gerard boersma
Wissesdwinger 1, studio no. 8
contact info@gerardboersma.nl

26.12.11

Subway & Transport: Tram Platform

Tram Platform
Girl on Tram Platform The Hague

G. Boersma
acrylics on masonite
19.7" x 15,7" or 50 x 40 cm
2011
SOLD

Merry Christmas! The last painting of this year is situated in The Hague, the same city where I now have my solo show at the ROI.

Tram Platform shows a young girl standing on a platform waiting for her tram to show up. She's holding her cell phone, but she's looking up at something behind the viewer. I don't usually paint my figures like this, but it sure adds something extra here.

Through the window of the tram we see another girl playing with her phone as well. I couldn't paint a scene like this just a few years ago. It seems like we now spend every free moment with our phones. We grew so attached to it. The trams used to be ad free too.

In january I'm picking up my daily painting practice again. You can expect a small painting almost every day. I'm also planning on publishing more articles on my other blog about my philosophies on art and life or society in general. For now I wish you a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

kind regards, Gerard

webshop
info@gerardboersma.nl
www.gerardboersma.blogspot.com

available paintings about