logo1 gerard boersma
Wissesdwinger 1, studio no. 8
contact info@gerardboersma.nl

15.12.10

Prince- Woman Looking At Richard Prince

Prince

G. Boersma
acrylics on masonite
2.3" x 2.7" or 6 x 7 cm
2010
SOLD

A while ago I went shopping for some new panels to paint on. I ordered my usual bunch when the owner said he got an oddly shaped piece left. I asked him if he could chop it for me, he did and now I got a stack of tiny ± 6 x 7 cm panels.

Todays painting is the first on one of those little panels. It shows a woman looking at Richard Prince's work called Nuts. Like yesterdays shoe I zoomed in a bit making the large painting by Prince the backdrop for this painting. I like the contrast between the abstract background and the realistic woman.

To be honest I'm not exactly sure what to ask for this little gem so I thought this is a perfect chance try something new here. It works a bit like the big auctionhouses Christie's and Sotheby's. They usually give an estimate of what the painting is worth and then start the auction just below the estimate.

By friday I collect all bids and who ever has the highest bid wins the painting. If two people place the same bid, the first one gets it. To make it fair for everybody please note that you can bid only once!

kind regards, Gerard

webshop
info@gerardboersma.nl
www.gerardboersma.blogspot.com

available paintings about