logo1 gerard boersma
Wissesdwinger 1, studio no. 8
contact info@gerardboersma.nl

23.7.10

Vase- woman looking at Sunflowers Vincent van Gogh

Vase
SOLD

G. Boersma
acrylics on masonite
6" x 6" or 15 x 15 cm
2010
SOLD

Although I spent most of my time working on my larger sized painting I did find time to paint this scene from the Vincent van Gogh Museum in Amsterdam as well. The woman is looking at Van Gogh's worldfamous Sunflowers. It looks like the girl is alone, but you can tell by the shadows on the wall there's actually quite a crowd behind her, you as an observer are one of them. I like the fact that the shadows look like a vase themself.

Today I also bought my largest panels in a very long time. As a matter of fact one is just a monster and will be the largest painting I've ever done once finished. Its measurements are a whooping 41.2 x 54.6" or 104,7 x 138,8 cm. I was flipping through a book about Hopper when I suddenly got inspired to paint big, really big.

It was kind of tricky getting the panels back to my studio in one piece on my bicycle. Yeah I know, why not take my car instead, but I was afraid it wouldn't fit. Luckily one of the employees at the store helped getting the panels safely packaged on one of my pedals. Quite a ride I can tell you.

Anyway, I already have some idea for the painting and I cannot wait to get started. If you're an artist yourself you know about that tingly feeling you get before starting a new work. But first I want to finish that other large painting and let's not forget about my dailies as well!

kind regards, Gerard

webshop
info@gerardboersma.nl
www.gerardboersma.blogspot.com

available paintings about