logo1 gerard boersma
Wissesdwinger 1, studio no. 8
contact info@gerardboersma.nl

1.3.10

Sunset - Man Looking At Railroad Sunset By Edward Hopper In Kunsthal Rotterdam


Sunset
SOLD

G. Boersma
acrylics on masonite
6.7" x 6" or 17 x 15 cm
2010

At the latest moment possible I heard the Kunsthal in Rotterdam showed for the very first time ever works by Edward Hopper within the context of their time. Eight top pieces by Hopper from the collection of Whitney Museum of Modern Art were shown together with works by famous artists like Georgia O'Keeffe, Ralph Soyer, Reginald Marsh, Charles Sheeler amongst others.

I visited the show on its closing day and I'm glad I did so. Hopper has always been one of my alltime favourite artists and I'm just happy his Railroad Station is now part of my ongoing series of works about people looking at art in museums.
kind regards, Gerard

webshop
info@gerardboersma.nl
www.gerardboersma.blogspot.com

available paintings about