logo1 gerard boersma
Wissesdwinger 1, studio no. 8
contact info@gerardboersma.nl

2.3.10

Other Direction- Painting Art Within Art Edward Hopper Kunsthal Rotterdam


Other Direction
SOLD

G. Boersma
acrylics on masonite
6" x 6" or 15 x 15 cm
2010

As I said yesterday I was glad to visit the show Modern Life with works by Edward Hopper and his peers. Hopper has always been a great influence to me as a painter and it's always a pleasure to see his works in real life.

On todays work you see a man looking or rather looking away from Hoppers South Carolina Morning. As Hopper figures usually lacked any communication I thought it would be great to do the same with my figure. He's looking in another direction as well. Hopper influenced me greatly, but on a whole other level the title Other Direction also stands for me choosing my own path.

kind regards, Gerard

webshop
info@gerardboersma.nl
www.gerardboersma.blogspot.com

available paintings about