logo1 gerard boersma
Wissesdwinger 1, studio no. 8
contact info@gerardboersma.nl

15.9.09

Art Bookshelf

Today I completed the large still life painting I spoke about yesterday. On the painting you see a couple of art books as seen in a local bookstore, easy recognizable are Botticelli's Birth of Venus and a selfportrait by Van Gogh. I spend the latter of last week painting it.

I didn't think it would be that hard to complete, but boy did I forget how difficult it is to get the lettering straight. It really takes a lot of concentration, especially when the books are the same, as in the upper right corner. If you wonder where I signed the painting, well take a good look at the 3 books in the center below. That's right, I signed it 3 times:)

kind regards, Gerard Boersma



Art Bookshelf
G. Boersma
acrylics on masonite
20.4" x 17.3" or 51,8 x 44 cm
2009
SOLD



Detail Art Bookshelf

Larger sized image
www.gerardboersma.blogspot.com
available paintings about