logo1 gerard boersma
Wissesdwinger 1, studio no. 8
contact info@gerardboersma.nl

27.4.09

Covers - commissioned still life painting

A while ago the library in my hometown approached me for a commissioned painting for one of their collegues who was leaving. She had worked at the music department for years and they wanted something special for her. I came up with the idea of painting her favourite cd's with the library as background. You might recognise covers by artists such as Fats Domino, Elvis, Jerry Lee Lewis and Ray Charles. Kind of hard to do on such a small scale, but very satisfying as well. The painting was well received!

Right now I'm working on another commissioned painting. I cannot tell much about it yet as this painting will be surprise as well. It will take the latter of the week to complete it.

My shoulder is still not what it used to be unfortunately. I went to the physiotherapist this morning and will do so again on wednesday. He reassured me that is was nothing that serious and it will only take about two visits to get things back to normal. It's kind of drag to have a constant burning pain, so I sure hope he's right!


kind regards, Gerard




Covers
G. Boersma
acrylics on masonite
6.7" x 6" or 17 x 15 cm
2009
SOLD

Larger sized image
www.gerardboersma.blogspot.com
available paintings about