logo1 gerard boersma
Wissesdwinger 1, studio no. 8
contact info@gerardboersma.nl

5.2.09

Obama Books

My jetlag is almost gone and I'm slowly getting used to the cold weather again! It sure feels good to be back in the studio painting! Today I started with my my new series of paintings about LA. First up is a still life painting of Barack Obama books.

Of course I saw the inauguration of Barack Obama live on television and thought I have to do something with this. I didn't want to make just another portrait of Obama, but wasn't sure what to paint then. Later on I walked into the bookstore Barnes and Nobles on the Santa Monica Promenade. There I saw this pile of books on Obama and thought that's it! That's what I'm going to paint and here it is!

kind regards, Gerard Boersma



Obama Books
G. Boersma
acrylics on masonite
6" x 6" or 15 x 15 cm
2009
SOLD

Larger sized image
www.gerardboersma.blogspot.com
available paintings about