logo1 gerard boersma
Wissesdwinger 1, studio no. 8
contact info@gerardboersma.nl

15.10.08

Style

I'm back from Amsterdam! I was completely worn out when I came back last night, but satisfied as well. I had a sneak preview of the upcoming show at Gallery Rudolfv and it's going to be a good one I can tell you. The exhbition captures the high-lights of all the artists who showed their work there the last 10 years. I'm looking forward attending the grand opening this saturday.

Recently a friend of mine visited Brussels, Belgium and he came back with a couple of pictures from the Royal Museum of Fine Arts. I usually don't work from photographs by other people, but his were just too good. On todays painting you see a man looking at a painting by Georges Vantongerloo. This painter is part of the Stijl movement, a group of artists which also featured artists like Mondriaan, Rietveld amongst others. The movement is known for its geometrical paintings, but Vantongerloo is one of the few who also use curves in his paintings.

kind regards, Gerard Boersma


Style
G. Boersma
acrylics on masonite
6" x 6", 15 x 15 cm
2008

SOLD

Larger sized image
www.gerardboersma.blogspot.com

available paintings about