logo1 gerard boersma
Wissesdwinger 1, studio no. 8
contact info@gerardboersma.nl

16.10.08

Big Mac

As I said with monday when I posted my painting The Burger King I should visit fastfood joints more often. There's so much unexplored territory. Today I decided to paint something from McDonalds, a Big Mac to be exact. The painting is more or less a classical realism still life, but of course with a very contemporary theme. I love the reds and yellows against the dark background, it makes the Big Mac really look big and something of an icon.

If you have been following my blog lately you probably remember me talking about an article in the Leeuwarder Courant. I finally got my hands on a copy. The article is in Dutch only, but there's a great picture of me in my studio if don't happen to speak Dutch. You can read the article here. And yes I always dress that neat while painting!

kind regards, Gerard Boersma


Big Mac
G. Boersma
acrylics on masonite
6.7" x 6", 17 x 15 cm
2008

SOLD

Larger sized image
www.gerardboersma.blogspot.com

available paintings about