logo1 gerard boersma
Wissesdwinger 1, studio no. 8
contact info@gerardboersma.nl

7.5.08

The Bridge

Like I said yesterday, I really enjoyed my visit to the Kunsthalle in Hamburg. In this great museum there hangs this painting called 'Girls on a Bridge' by Edward Munch which I really love. For me Munch is the painter of human emotion, there's hardly any painter who can top him at that. He didn't lead an easy life, it was full of deaths and that shows in his paintings. On mine the figure is somewhat reminiscent of Munch, that's one of the reasons I called it The Bridge.

kind regards, Gerard Boersma


The Bridge
G. Boersma
acrylics on masonite
6" x 6", 15 x 15 cm
2008

SOLD

Larger sized image
www.gerardboersma.blogspot.com

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

available paintings about