logo1 gerard boersma
Wissesdwinger 1, studio no. 8
contact info@gerardboersma.nl

7.4.08

My Dad and Great-Grandfather

I don't think a lot of painters can walk into a museum and see there great-grandfather hanging on a wall. That's exactly what this is though.

On my painting you see my father looking at a painting of his grandfather by Jopie Huisman. To make it even more complicated, Jopie is my dad's uncle and the brother of my grandmother and Jopie painted his own father here. That's a lot of family right there in one painting. The scene is taken from a visit to the Jopie Huisman Museum in Workum. I'm defenitely going to make a larger size version of this for my own pleasure.

kind regards, Gerard Boersma


My Dad and Great-Grandfather
G. Boersma
acrylics on masonite
6" x 6", 15 x 15 cm
2008
Not for sale

Larger sized image
www.gerardboersma.blogspot.com

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

available paintings about