logo1 gerard boersma
Wissesdwinger 1, studio no. 8
contact info@gerardboersma.nl

8.4.08

The Flavour

For us it's quite normal to get a close look at a painting in a museum, but Rembrandt made his paintings in a style best viewed at a small distance. He used to say that his paintings are there to look at and not to smell them, meaning people shouldn't get so close that they can smell it. On my painting you see a man doing this. The painting hangs near The Milkmaid and The Letter by Vermeer, but I completely forgot who painted this one. If you happen to know the answer I would love to hear it!

I decided not to sell yesterdays painting of my dad looking at my great-grandfather. The painting is just too personal and besides that my dad's birthday is coming up in may. I think it makes a great birthday present. My dad doesn't own a computer, let alone that he knows how to get on the internet, but if you happen to see him, please don't say a word! It will be our little secret!

kind regards, Gerard Boersma


The Flavour
G. Boersma
acrylics on masonite
6" x 6", 15 x 15 cm
2008

SOLD

Larger sized image
www.gerardboersma.blogspot.com

available paintings about