logo1 gerard boersma
Wissesdwinger 1, studio no. 8
contact info@gerardboersma.nl

15.3.08

The Museum

I could easily get addicted to making these paintings about people in museums. They're so much fun to do! First of all it's great to paint people who are looking at something beautiful and if I did a good job later on people in real life are doing exactly the same thing. Also the lighting in museums is just magnificant and I get to copy some of the greatest artists ever lived, which makes me a better painter I believe.

Todays painting is taken from a visit to the Van Gogh Museum in Amsterdam. The people are looking at a painting by Millais. Friends from Amsterdam bought it on the spot alongside The Generations, but I defenitely wanted to share it with you all. More to come!


kind regards, Gerard Boersma


The Museum
G. Boersma
acrylics on masonite
9.5" x 12.6", 32 x 24 cm
2008

SOLD

Larger sized image
www.gerardboersma.blogspot.com

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

available paintings about