logo1 gerard boersma
Wissesdwinger 1, studio no. 8
contact info@gerardboersma.nl

27.3.08

The Crows

No strange things happening in my studio today, but I do got this great museum scene with one of the eeriest paintings by Van Gogh. 'Wheatfield with Crows' is my personal favourite and probably the one most subject to speculation. It was executed in July 1890, in the last weeks of Van Gogh’s life. To me the dramatic, cloudy sky filled with crows and the cut-off path symbolizes his psyche at the time. You could see them as signs of his coming end and many claimed it was his last painting. However there's no real proof for it. Fortunately my figures are in a completely differtent state of mind and are simply enjoying themselves!

kind regards, Gerard Boersma


The Crows
G. Boersma
acrylics on masonite
6" x 6", 15 x 15 cm
2008

SOLD

Larger sized image
www.gerardboersma.blogspot.com

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

available paintings about