logo1 gerard boersma
Wissesdwinger 1, studio no. 8
contact info@gerardboersma.nl

24.8.13

4 Years Later- Portrait Of Barack Obama As Superman Whitewashed

4 Years Later
portrait of Barack Obama as Superman whitewashed by artist

G. Boersma
acrylic on masonite
20" x 20" or 51 x 51 cm
2009 & 2013

Right after his inauguration in 2009 I made a portrait of Barack Obama as Superman. Four years later I updated the portrait by adding a transparent white layer. I consider this portrait to be finished and signed it in the lower right corner. The pics below show the portrait before and after.

kind regards, Gerard

UPDATE: In 2017 I painted something completely new on this panel. With that I destroyed Obama Superman.

webshop and available works
info@gerardboersma.nl
www.gerardboersma.blogspot.com

available paintings about