logo1 gerard boersma
Wissesdwinger 1, studio no. 8
contact info@gerardboersma.nl

8.4.11

The Meeting- Selfportrait with Selfportrait Jopie Huisman



The Meeting
Selfportrait with Selfportrait Jopie Huisman

G. Boersma
acrylics on masonite
23.6" x 23.6" or 60 x 60 cm
2011
Sold

Yes, yes I know! I wouldn't post any larger scaled paintings here, but I wanted to make an exception for The Meeting!

The painting is a center piece for the show with my late great-uncle Jopie Huisman which opens tomorrow at 14.00h. The painting is very dear to me as it shows me enjoying the famous selfportrait by Jopie in his own museum, so you could say it's a selfportrait within a selportrait. More background info on this piece can be found on my other blog.

Today I went to the museum once more for the final details. We're all set for the big day tomorrow! It's going to be huge. I heard they even close the road in front of the museum for all trafic, they expect that many people. I sure hope they all show up!

Ed Nijpels, former Provincial Governor of Friesland for Queen Beatrix, opens the show tomorrow by finishing a black and white version of the selfportrait by Jopie I made especially for the occasion. I'm going to assist him. At least that's the plan, I don't think he even knows about that one yet:) I'm sure it's going to be lots of fun!

Well, I'm going to get a good night sleep, so I'm fully charged up for tomorrow. I sure hope to see you there and otherwise I'm going to tell you all about it right here on my blog!

kind regards, Gerard

PS I'm sooo sorry if you got my shoe paintings again, I mixed up things! It should be okay now!

webshop
info@gerardboersma.nl
www.gerardboersma.blogspot.com

available paintings about