logo1 gerard boersma
Wissesdwinger 1, studio no. 8
contact info@gerardboersma.nl

18.3.11

Shoes- Adidas sneaker no. 2

Adidas 002
still life painting of Adidas sneaker

G. Boersma
acrylics on masonite
6" x 6" or 15 x 15 cm
2011
SOLD

Second entry in what I think could easily be a new series of paintings about sneakers. I always assumed that flat shoes wouldn't make interesting paintings, but I definitely changed my mind. I love it!

Yesterday I brought my first paintings to Museum De Andere Kant for my upcoming show with my late greatuncle Jopie Huisman.

Son Jacob and cousin Joop collected so many works by Jopie! Over 150 and counting! I already knew that of course, but seeing all those paintings and drawings together is pretty different than just hearing a number.

I especially enjoyed the earlier works from the 40's and 50's. It's pretty obvious Jopie was under the influence of great masters from the past and still searching for his own voice. Gradually that voice came and the public loved him for it. But to me as a painter it's just great to see the road leading to his much deserved fame.

Besides, seeing all the portraits he made of relatives together is pretty amazing to me. He portraited my great-grandparents, my grandfather, my uncle, my dad and many others. I'm honoured and feel so blessed to be part of all this and to show my own paintings at the same show!

kind regards, Gerard

webshop
info@gerardboersma.nl
www.gerardboersma.blogspot.com

available paintings about