logo1 gerard boersma
Wissesdwinger 1, studio no. 8
contact info@gerardboersma.nl

30.6.10

Milkmaid- Man Looking At Vermeer

Milkmaid
SOLD


G. Boersma
acrylics on masonite
6" x 6" or 15 x 15 cm
2010


Detail Milkmaid


I don't know what it is about the Milkmaid by Vermeer, I just love that painting! The lighting, composition, subject matter, it all speaks to me. He was just an amazing painter!

Not to toot my own horn, but I'm quite satisfied with my version as well. It was pretty tricky to get the painting by Vermeer straight, especially since it's so small. It's only about 1- 1.5" or 3-4 cm in length. The head of the Milkmaid is only one fith of an ince or half a centimeter high. So yeah, that's small! You can imagine how great it felt when I actually finished that part. Hope you enjoy this one as well!

kind regards, Gerard

webshop
info@gerardboersma.nl
www.gerardboersma.blogspot.com

available paintings about