logo1 gerard boersma
Wissesdwinger 1, studio no. 8
contact info@gerardboersma.nl

6.4.10

English Literature - Realism Painting Of Bookshelf

English Literature


SOLD

G. Boersma
acrylics on masonite
17.3" x 15.6" or 44 x 39,5 cm
2010

Ever since I made my daily painting English Literature I've been planning on making a larger scaled version of it. The painting shows a bookshelf including books by famous authors of the past and present such as The Fourth Hand by John Irving, Ulysses by James Joyce and one by D.H. Lawrence of which we cannot see the title.

I don't know what is exactly, I cannot seem to put my finger on it, but there's a certain atmosphere in this painting I really like. To me all colors are in perfect balance to each other. Once again the lettering was quite difficult, but I feel I'm getting the hang of it now.

Yesterday I had the pleasure of Engbert Boneschansker visiting my studio. He's the advisor on creative industry policy of the local government of my hometown Leeuwarden. He was looking for advise on what policy would best stimulate the creative industry and arts in Leeuwarden. We were brainstorming for a couple of hours and came up with some really great ideas. Engbert is still talking to other figures from the field as well and busy turning all these ideas into a practical policy. I'm looking forward seeing this and it sure felt great to have my ideas heard.

kind regards, Gerard

webshop
info@gerardboersma.nl
www.gerardboersma.blogspot.com

available paintings about