logo1 gerard boersma
Wissesdwinger 1, studio no. 8
contact info@gerardboersma.nl

23.12.08

Botticelli - Still life of bookshelf

A lot of people ask me what kind of art i like. Well there's a lot, but on todays painting you see a portion of one of my all time favourites. The painting on the book is by Sandro Botticelli entitled The Birth of Venus. I saw this painting together with his other masterwork Primavera for the first time at the Uffizi in Florence and was completely blown away by it. I thought it was a good idea to pay hommage to such an great artist as a still life painting.

This is the last still life for now, I will be returning to my usual urban scenes of people. Due to the hollidays I'm not sure how often I will post this and next week. We'll see how that goes. In any case, happy hollidays and best wishes for 2009!

kind regards, Gerard Boersma



Botticelli
G. Boersma
acrylics on masonite
6.7" x 6" or 17 x 15 cm
2008
SOLD

Larger sized image
www.gerardboersma.blogspot.com
available paintings about