logo1 gerard boersma
Wissesdwinger 1, studio no. 8
contact info@gerardboersma.nl

22.8.08

Peace Mission

Todays painting isn't a happy one, but I just had to paint it. As you might have heard on the news Dutch troops are in Afghanistan. I don't know how they call it in other countries, but here they don't call it going to war, they call it a peace mission. I believe this is one of the largest marketing schemes I have ever seen, turning a war into something positive. I decided to paint a couple of soldiers carrying one of their fallen mates in his coffin. I want to point out that even though they call it a peace mission, it actually is a war and you can die in it.

kind regards, Gerard Boersma



Peace Mission
G. Boersma
acrylics on masonite
6" x 6", 15 x 15 cm
2008
SOLD

Larger sized image
www.gerardboersma.blogspot.com

available paintings about