logo1 gerard boersma
Wissesdwinger 1, studio no. 8
contact info@gerardboersma.nl

12.5.08

The Stairs

It was a hard day at the studio, the heat is just not going away. It's sweaty and I decided to work tropical hours, early start and early finish if possible. Still it was a good day for painting. I worked on this scene from the Hamburger Kunsthalle. A woman is looking at a painting which we cannot see, the one we do see is I believe by impressionist Corot, although the image is hardly recognizable. In this case I wasn't really interested in the art displayed, but more in the act of observing and the whole scenery. I especially liked the stairs.

In other news, I'm framing artwork for my upcoming open studio. The small paintings even look better when framed, I'm defenitely satisfied with that. I'm thinking about offering the frames as an option for my blog paintings. This week I'm also putting some never before seen larger sized paintings online as well. These paintings will be shown at my open studio on 24th and 25th of may. A survey of all the paintings for my little exhibition will be online just before my open studio. Of course I let you when exactly!


kind regards, Gerard Boersma


The Stairs
G. Boersma
acrylics on masonite
6" x 6", 15 x 15 cm
2008

SOLD

Larger sized image
www.gerardboersma.blogspot.com

available paintings about