logo1 gerard boersma
Wissesdwinger 1, studio no. 8
contact info@gerardboersma.nl

22.5.08

The Iceberg

Just two days to go before my open studio takes place! I'm really looking forward to that. All the pieces are framed and I know exactly where to hang them. There's a lot to see too, no less than 32 paintings! Tomorrow I will post a link to a survey of all of them complete with my personal comments.

Among them is todays painting The Iceberg. In the Kunsthalle in Hamburg hangs this masterpiece of a shipwreck by Casper David Friedrich. The ship itself is covered by the man, but you sure can see the great ice landscape. I just had to paint that!

I hope to welcome you as a guest this weekend!

kind regards, Gerard Boersma


The Iceberg
G. Boersma
acrylics on masonite
13.8" x 12", 35 x 30,6 cm
2008

SOLD

Larger sized image
www.gerardboersma.blogspot.com

available paintings about