logo1 gerard boersma
Wissesdwinger 1, studio no. 8
contact info@gerardboersma.nl

24.3.08

The Observers

I had a nice slow painting day. All because it's Eastern I slept in till late, had a huge breakfast with eggs of course and then went to my studio. I still feel blessed everytime I'm there. Todays scene is taken from a visit to the Rijksmuseum in Amsterdam. It's not allowed in Dutch museums to take pictures, but I sneaked my camera in, dodged the security I managed to take some. I'm glad I did, the museum series are so much fun to make. On the painting you see two figures observing the worldfamous painting 'Milkmaid' by Vermeer. You can hardly see it though, I guess you just have to take my word for it!

kind regards, Gerard Boersma


The Observers
G. Boersma
acrylics on masonite
6" x 6", 15 x 15 cm
2008

SOLD

Larger sized image
www.gerardboersma.blogspot.com

available paintings about