logo1 gerard boersma
Wissesdwinger 1, studio no. 8
contact info@gerardboersma.nl

21.11.07

The Toy

I recently became an uncle again! My brother Frank and his girlfriend Dinah are the proud parents of a beautiful baby boy called Lars.

I was in a toy-shop looking to buy a present for my new born nephew when I saw this gun. I couldn't believe how real it looked. I remember saying to myself: 'Do we really want our children to play with guns?' I don't know if it's right for children or not, but then again I wish more adults would pick up guns like these to play with. My nephew got a good old teddy bear by the way!

kind regards, Gerard Boersma


The Toy
G. Boersma
acrylics on masonite
8.7? x 9.9?, 22 x 25,2 cm
2007

SOLD


Larger sized image


www.gerardboersma.blogspot.com

available paintings about