logo1 gerard boersma
Wissesdwinger 1, studio no. 8
contact info@gerardboersma.nl

31.1.12

Stone Breaker

Stone Breaker
paviour working on sidewalk

G. Boersma
acrylics on masonite
11.8" x 15.7" or 30 x 40 cm
2011

SOLD


Remember my series of paintings for festival Explore The North? This is the first painting I did, but later thought it would be better when I used an imaginary museum as a setting for the series.

You can actually see this image of a stone breaker in my painting Hard Work. The image there looks way larger than it is in real life, but Hard Work has the same measurements as Stone Breaker.

So this painting became a study and I didn't really know what to do with it, but completed the painting anyway. I did, because I like the theme of this piece. A man working hard all day long for my community.

It also closely resembles The Stone Breakers by Gustave Courbet, a personal favorite of mine, but of course they didn't have those nice orange jackets back in the day. And nature got replaced for a shop window. Oh modern times.

kind regards, Gerard

webshop
info@gerardboersma.nl
www.gerardboersma.blogspot.com

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

available paintings about