logo1 gerard boersma
Wissesdwinger 1, studio no. 8
contact info@gerardboersma.nl

2.6.11

Portrait of Menno

Menno
In loving memory of my buddy Menno

G. Boersma
acrylics on masonite
9.6" x 15" or 24,5 x 38 cm
2011
NFS

This is one of the toughest paintings I ever created. Not so much on the technical side of things, I painted many portraits before, but it was extremely tough because it shows my old buddy Menno who unfortunately passed away 2 years ago.

Menno and I were friends when we were teenagers, always hanging out, playing video games, soccer, you know, fun stuff. As we grew older we kind of lost contact, but I never did forget the good times we shared.

I recently bumped into his dad a couple of weeks ago when I visited my old hometown Makkum. I sat down for a meal at one of the restaurants when it dawned to me that his dad owns the place.

We started talking and Hennie, a fine sculptor himself told me he wanted to make a portrait of Menno but couldn't find the time and energy to do it. That's when I offered to do it for him.

His dad was thrilled when I gave him his portrait of his son. I'm so grateful for my talent to do such a thing for his family, but damn how I wish the occasion could be different. Hennie said he would hang the painting in his restaurant for all to see. I couldn't think of a better place. Thank you Menno for all the good times, I never forget you.

kind regards, Gerard

webshop
info@gerardboersma.nl
www.gerardboersma.blogspot.com

available paintings about