logo1 gerard boersma
Wissesdwinger 1, studio no. 8
contact info@gerardboersma.nl

1.3.11

Portrait Geert Wilders with Muslims Update

Thank you everybody for your kind words about my painting The Prophet (portrait of Geert Wilders with Muslims).

I'm getting tons of positive responses and it has been overwhelming to say the least. The only negative response I got thus far came from a well known museum in the Netherlands which called it totally crap, they literally emailed me that, I thought that was pretty funny.

This morning I learned that my painting was broadcasted nationwide at the morning news show of the NOS. The image above shows the painting I did in 2006 of this news show. Unfortunately I haven't seen it myself, I unplugged my tv a while ago and now regretting that decision.

Yesterday Omrop Fryslan aired an item in their news show Hjoed. Today the Leeuwarder Courant will publish an article about my work and tomorrow another local newspaper Fryslan will do the same. A lot of media coverage!

Close friends of mine made an introduction video of me and my art which I now uploaded to my brand new youtube channel. You can watch the video here. And yes, finally, you can follow me on twitter too, right here

While I'm typing this I just got of the phone with local broadcaster Mercurius, I'm going to be interviewed in a minute or so. I have to hurry and get to my studio immediately. Hopefully I find some time today to paint as well!

kind regards, Gerard

webshop
info@gerardboersma.nl
www.gerardboersma.blogspot.com

available paintings about