logo1 gerard boersma
Wissesdwinger 1, studio no. 8
contact info@gerardboersma.nl

8.12.10

Lost - Man Reading In Bookstore

Lost

G. Boersma
acrylics on masonite
6" x 6" or 15 x 15 cm
2010
SOLD


It's kind of hard to follow up on yesterdays painting with a small 6" x 6", but still I like this one a lot. To me it represents that feeling I get when I'm surrounded by books, finding one with an interesting title and just cannot stop reading. The whole world seems to disappear around you and the book just completely absorbs you. That's why I entitled the painting 'Lost'.

I also got some bad news I'm afraid. Starting january the Dutch government decided to triple (!) the taxes for art and tickets to cultural events. The taxes will go from 6% to a whooping 19%. They are also making some heavy cuts on subsidizing art and culture.

This has caused a lot of turmoil in the Dutch artworld and no one is pleased about this to make an understatement. I don't like it one bit, but still I have to play along I'm afraid. Since I never like it when people raise prizes and you get nothing in return, I'm thinking of a way to add more value. I haven't decided what to do yet, but any ideas are more than welcome. So if you think of something please let me know!

kind regards, Gerard

webshop
info@gerardboersma.nl
www.gerardboersma.blogspot.com

available paintings about