logo1 gerard boersma
Wissesdwinger 1, studio no. 8
contact info@gerardboersma.nl

8.6.09

Slow Traffic

Last friday the groupshow Back from NY & LA opened at Amstel Gallery. And what an opening it was!

Petra of Amstel Gallery told me on the phone she had a special location arranged for this show, not that far from the gallery itself. At first I didn't thought much of it, but when I walked in it really blew me away! The space is truly amazing and the art is well, just topnotch! It kind of reminded me of the large galleries you see in New York.

A huge crowd showed up when the show was about to open. Manuela Kemp did an excellent job opening it. I enjoyed talking to everybody and we ended a perfect evening with a couple of sales. The show still runs untill the end of this week. If you have a change to visit the show please don't hesitate to do so. I never say this, but this one truly is a must see!

In other news in september I got a show coming up in New York. At this point I cannot tell you much about it, but it's going to be really special. Todays painting Slow Traffic is going to be part of it. It's the larger sized version of a daily painting I did a while ago. I take the rest of the week to paint another larger sized painting, also for the NY show. With a bit of luck I can finish this one friday.

kind regards, Gerard Boersma



Slow Traffic
G. Boersma
acrylics on masonite
20" x 20" or 51 x 51 cm
2009

SOLD


Larger sized image
www.gerardboersma.blogspot.com

available paintings about