logo1 gerard boersma
Wissesdwinger 1, studio no. 8
contact info@gerardboersma.nl

14.4.09

Attendant

It doesn't matter which great museum you visit, they're bound to have a couple of old Dutch master paintings hanging there. Being a Dutchman and painter myself that always makes me proud. The Getty Center in Los Angeles is no exception to the rule. It has loads of Dutch master paintings. On my painting you see a lovely landscape by Hobbema on the left and in the background a painting by Rembrandt, all guarded by an attendant of the museum. I tried a different colour scheme as I used to, which works quite well. Also worked for a change with many underlayers in different colours, especially at the walls. It gives them more structure and subtle colour changes.

kind regards, Gerard



Attendant
G. Boersma
acrylics on masonite
9.9" x 8.7" or 25,2 x 22 cm
2009
SOLD

Larger sized image
www.gerardboersma.blogspot.com
available paintings about