logo1 gerard boersma
Wissesdwinger 1, studio no. 8
contact info@gerardboersma.nl

25.2.09

Dirk - painting of muslim women wating for tram in Amsterdam

Today I got a larger sized painting for you. It's the larger sized version of Dirk which I completed a while ago. I really like the contrast between the muslim girls in an obviously western setting. One of the women is wearing a burka, quite easy to paint I might add. I always wonder how a woman with such strong religious beliefs would feel in a western society. I mean all she gets is strange looks wearing a burka, but she must be irritated that everybody else is walking around quite naked through her eyes. Anyway, she's holding a bag by a well known supermarket in the Netherlands called Dirk. It won't get more Dutch than that!

kind regards, Gerard



Dirk
G. Boersma
acrylics on masonite
35.6" x 27.6" or 90,3 x 70 cm
2009
SOLD

Larger sized image
www.gerardboersma.blogspot.com
available paintings about