logo1 gerard boersma
Wissesdwinger 1, studio no. 8
contact info@gerardboersma.nl

4.12.08

Sweeper- Man cleaning in front of restaurant 6 x 6"

Yesterday Omrop Fryslan dropped by to film and interview me about the LA Art Show. The item airs this sunday at 17.30h and is repeated every hour all sunday evening. The item shows new footage combined with old footage from the New York-documentary. I cannot wait to see it! After the filming I had to bring my paintings to Joure where I show my work at the Gemeentehuis Skasterlan from dec 6 - feb 1.

So I had a busy day yesterday and it felt really good to back in my studio again for some painting. Although it only has been a couple of days I felt it was long overdue. On todays painting you see a nice old fellow sweeping the tiles in front of his restaurant. I just love the lighting, it makes lovely deep shadows, I'm especially fond of the red on the left. I believe the restaurant is ltalian. In any case it's located at the Utrechtsestraat in Amsterdam, very near Gallery Rudolfv where I showed my last month.

kind regards, Gerard Boersma


Sweeper
G. Boersma
acrylics on masonite
6" x6" or 15 x 15 cm
2008

SOLD



Larger sized image
www.gerardboersma.blogspot.com

available paintings about