logo1 gerard boersma
Wissesdwinger 1, studio no. 8
contact info@gerardboersma.nl

10.11.08

Dirk

I'm back! I had a nice slow week after my open studio. Well slow isn't really the word for it, all I had was a break from my daily paintings. I worked on a larger scale painting all week. It's nearing completion and with a bit of luck I can show it to you this week. It's been a while since I last worked a whole week on just one painting, it felt really good, but after just a couple of days I started to miss my daily paintings and I'm more than happy to start again.

On todays painting you see a couple of muslim women waiting for the tram to show up at the Central Station in Amsterdam. One of the women is wearing a burka. She's also carrying a shopping bag which says Dirk. This is the name of a well-known chain of supermarkets in The Netherlands. It hardly gets more Dutch than that. I thought the contrast with the muslim women is quite interesting.

While working on the larger scale painting last week I also had some time to re-think my weblog. I decided to go at it a little different than you're used to. Starting now my daily paintings will be auctioned on my blog. The auctions will only last for one day. If you see a painting of your interest you can easily place your bid by email. All bids are collected untill 8pm (local time Leeuwarden, The Netherlands) the following day. Please check out 'More information about the auction' for full details. Please note that spread payments in 2 terms are now possible too. If you have any questions or remarks please feel free to contact me anytime. I would be more than happy to answer them personally!

kind regards, Gerard Boersma


Dirk
G. Boersma
acrylics on masonite
6" x 6", 15 x 15 cm
2008

SOLD



Larger sized image

available paintings about