logo1 gerard boersma
Wissesdwinger 1, studio no. 8
contact info@gerardboersma.nl

20.5.08

Art Books

The great thing about making daily paintings is not only that it makes one a better painter, but one can try and experiment too. At times a small painting just stares back at you and says: 'Please make a larger sized version of me!' Well, one cannot argue with that.

The Art Books is just one of those paintings and I made it exclusively for my open studio this weekend. On the painting you see a man in a bookstore picking up some books about art. You can see Dali with his strange mustache looking quite fierce back at us. I wonder what my girlfriend would say if I came home with a mustache like that. I don't think I want to know that.

kind regards, Gerard Boersma


Art Books
G. Boersma
acrylics on masonite
13.8" x 12", 35 x 30,6 cm
2008

SOLD

Larger sized image
www.gerardboersma.blogspot.com

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

available paintings about