logo1 gerard boersma
Wissesdwinger 1, studio no. 8
contact info@gerardboersma.nl

19.11.07

The Children

I'm back from my vacation in Valencia, Spain! Me and my girlfriend Esther enjoyed all the good stuff the city has to offer. I especially liked the Spanish cuisine and the city of art and science. This masterpiece of architecture by Valencians own Calatrava are a must see when you visit the city! Ah well, it's back to painting again.

The Children started out as a study for a larger sized painting, but I liked it so much that I decided to finish it. It reminded me of my own childhood when nothing was more important than a couple of blocks with wheels on it. As you grow older you get all these responsibilities and things aren't always that easy. The painting shows it can be that simple at times.

kind regards, Gerard Boersma


The Children
G. Boersma
acrylics on masonite
9.9" x 8.7", 22 x 25,2 cm
2007

SOLD


Larger sized image


www.gerardboersma.blogspot.com

available paintings about