logo1 gerard boersma
Wissesdwinger 1, studio no. 8
contact info@gerardboersma.nl

17.6.16

Rust & Blue- painting of a man enjoying painting No. 61 (Rust & Blue) by Mark Rothko



Rust & Blue
painting of a man enjoying painting No. 61 (Rust & Blue) by Mark Rothko

G. Boersma
acrylic on masonite
8" x 8" or 20 x 20 cm
2016

SOLD

I remember first seeing a Rothko painting in a book. I thought it was so simple and it didn't do anything for me. When I saw one in real life I remembered he once mentioned one could best experience his art from a mere 12" or 30 cm distance. So I did. And then something happened. I was overwhelmed by all nuances in colors and felt swept away to a new reality of sorts. Really wonderful and hard to explain. But I do understand why people cry in front of his works. When it gets you it is that powerful.

kind regards, Gerard

webshop
info@gerardboersma.nl
www.gerardboersma.blogspot.com

available paintings about