logo1 gerard boersma
Wissesdwinger 1, studio no. 8
contact info@gerardboersma.nl

3.8.09

The Writer

Recently I was asked by an old friend of mine to spraypaint the frontdoor of her house. It has been a long time since somebody asked me that and I thought it would be fun pick up a spraycan again and help out a friend.

At the same time it was an excellent occasion for me to finally create something with an artist friend of mine Klaas Lageweg. He's greatly influenced by graffiti and we've been talking about creating something together for a while now. Never really got around in actually doing so, but we finally did so now.

Since I was really rusty whith the spraycan we decided to go for a design by Klaas. While working I thought the commisioned door was also a perfect theme for a daily. On todays painting you see Klaas working on the door we did together. It turned out quite colorful! The second picture shows the finished door.

kind regards, Gerard Boersma



The Writer
G. Boersma
acrylics on masonite
6" x 6" or 15 x 15 cm
2009
SOLD



The finished door
available paintings about