logo1 gerard boersma
Wissesdwinger 1, studio no. 8
paintings about a painting a day contact info@gerardboersma.nl

30.3.09

Lars - Portrait of my nephew

Last friday my oldest brother Frank celebrated his birthday. I thought I'd suprise him with a portrait of his youngest son Lars which I made last week in secret. Dinah, mother of Lars, was in on it, sending me pictures of Lars by email to work from. Needless to say my brother thought it was the best gift ever! I really enjoyed painting Lars, he's such a fun kid, always laughing and looking surprised at everything. He actually looks a bit like me when I was that age.

I'm mainly going to concentrate once more this week on larger sized paintings, but you can expect some smaller ones as well.

kind regards, Gerard



Lars
G. Boersma
acrylics on masonite
9.9" x 8.7" or 25,2 x 22 cm
2009
NFS

Larger sized image
www.gerardboersma.blogspot.com
Post a Comment

About Me

My photo

Commonplace events and ordinary objects. My hyperrealism paintings show a deep love for the modern human in contemporary city scenes.

Blog Archive




Blog Archive

shop shop