logo1 gerard boersma
Wissesdwinger 1, studio no. 8
contact info@gerardboersma.nl

11.2.09

Sea - Woman looking at painting by Rothko

I don't got enough painting time these last couple of days! It seems I got caught up with a bunch of other stuff which needed my attention badly. Much of it is not art related, but today I got interviewed by Mercurius television, a local station here in Leeuwarden. They're going to air the item next tuesday.

Anyway, today I did get some painting time, well a whole day actually. It felt great! On todays painting you see a woman looking at a painting by Rothko. I'm not fond on abstract painting at all, but his I like. You really have to see it in person to fully appreciate it. The colours are amazing! It's like a sea surrounding you on all sides. That's why I named the painting Sea. I saw the Rothko painting at the Getty Center in Los Angeles. A great museum up in the hills. You drive up to it by freeway, park your car and take a tram up the hills to the museum. The architecture is great, but the views are even more amazing. If you ever happen to be in LA, make sure you visit this museum!

kind regards, Gerard Boersma



Sea
G. Boersma
acrylics on masonite
6" x 6" or 15 x 15 cm
2009
SOLD

Larger sized image
www.gerardboersma.blogspot.com
available paintings about